Thursday, February 6, 2014

Max's Video

When we found out that Max had craniosynostosis and would need surgery, I began scouring the Internet for information, mostly looking for blogs and forums where parents shared their own kids' journeys through craniosynostosis.  I wanted to know what to expect, from the actual surgery itself to the hospital experience to the recovery period afterwards. I came across a number of videos that were helpful in preparing me for the whole experience.

I decided to put together a video of Max's journey so that others who are going through the same thing might benefit from it, but also so that Max can look back on it someday and see everything he went through at such a young age. It's a huge part of his story so far.

While in some ways I feel that this experience is trivial (when compared to children who are fighting terminal illnesses or other more serious conditions), it has still been huge for our family.

So, if you're interested, take a peek at Max's journey from birth to diagnosis to surgery to recovery. It's a bit lengthy, so if you're really just wanting to see the parts about his surgery, then skip to the 4.5 minute mark.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience! The video brought tears to my eyes. You guys are so strong! I can't even begin to imagine what the experience was like for you. It is amazing to see how quickly he recovered!

    ReplyDelete