Sunday, September 14, 2014

4th Annual Apple Picking

After a long and somewhat unintended blogging hiatus, I am going to try to get things back up and running around here. Time sure seems limited these days and I'm not sure I'll ever quite figure out how to juggle all the things I'm supposed to be doing and all the things I want to be doing...things like finding time to exercise, read good books (for myself), volunteer my time at church, having quality family time, and so on.  It's just a busy season of life.  But, I do enjoy having this blog as a record of our family life, to look back on someday, and I know that our far-away family also enjoys seeing a bit of what's going on in our world.  I have quite a few posts that I wrote months ago (some as much as 7 months ago) and just never published. I will probably post them, but they will likely be without pictures.  So, stay tuned for those in the near future.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of our latest family outing to the County Line Orchard a couple weeks ago.  This was our 4th year to go.  It is definitely a family tradition now and something we look forward to doing together each fall.  Jesse and I have been learning a lot about apples over the past few weeks and so this was a fun "field trip".

Here is Jesse watching them make caramel apples. We didn't try any, but we did try some of their famous pumpkin and apple donuts.


My boys on the tractor and ready to go apple picking.







Jesse really got into the picking of the apples this year.




We ended up picking/purchasing over 9 pounds of apples (Gala, McIntosh and Jonathan).  When we got home we made a large batch of cinnamon applesauce, which turned out delicious!  We also made an apple coffee cake for our community group and the rest we enjoyed just by themselves.



1 comment: