Saturday, January 1, 2011

We're ready for you, Jesse!

I promised a nursery update in my last post, but didn't realize how long it would take me to get around to it. Finishing up all the last-minute details in the nursery (like washing all of Jesse's clothing and bedding and making some small last-minute purchases) took longer than I expected, not only because of the holidays, but also because I just move a lot slower than I did nine months ago. So here are several pictures of the almost completed product (I won't consider it complete until there is a real baby in there):



These safari prints were given to us at our shower, and I decided to get them framed and matted. They were painted by a family friend who lived in Kenya for many years and are a perfect addition to the nursery.


Jesse's Aunt Lisa worked really hard painting the canvases below and I think she did a terrific job of matching the animals to those in Jesse's bedding. I was definitely impressed and I'm sure Jesse will love them, too!




Can you tell by now that we're going with safari/jungle theme?


This glider and ottoman were handed down to us from James' aunt, and James' mom redid all the cushions with a brown fabric to match all the decor. It looks great!


A glimpse of Jesse's wardrobe and the cute wall hanging we got at our shower (in case you can't read it very well in the picture, it says "When God made this little boy He was just showing off").


Well, there's a quick update on the nursery. I'm sure I'll think of more minor details as long as we're still waiting, but I think things are all set for him to be here. If only we could be more patient!


1 comment:

  1. it looks so cute! and i LOVE the paintings from the kenyan friend. they are really amazing. blessings and can't wait to see that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete