Monday, June 20, 2011

First Father's Day

We had such a great day Sunday celebrating Father's Day. My treat for James was supposed to be a trip to Rick's Bakery, but we were welcomed by an empty parking lot and a sign that says they are closed on Sundays (this is our second failed attempt to eat at Rick's--they are also closed on Memorial Day we found out). We went to Panera instead, and it was fun to sit outside there and enjoy our pastries and coffee, and Jesse was pretty content until the very end. Then we went back home and got ready for church and snapped some pictures outside before leaving.



Church was a little different than usual, because we were signed up for nursery duty, which meant being in the newborn room during the service. It turned out that besides Jesse, there was only one other child, so we got it pretty easy. That also meant that we were there to make sure Jesse got his nap, which helped him to be in a good mood that afternoon.

After church we ate lunch with my parents. Jesse got a little fussy at the end of the meal, so my Mom put him on a blanket and entertained him on the floor, and he surprised us all by rolling over from his back to his tummy. Of course, my Mom was the only one who saw the whole thing. I only saw the very end of the roll, and my Dad and James didn't see anything. Later that evening my parents watched Jesse while we went to help out with VBS, and he rolled over three more times! He decided today that he would allow me to see him roll over, and I think he is quite proud of his new trick.

I am so thankful for the wonderful Daddy that James is to Jesse. He is so good at playing with Jesse and taking care of him. We've really been trying to enjoy this time we have here in Fayetteville before James begins grad school in the fall, because I know that his life is going to get much busier with all the demands of school. Most Dads don't work so close to home that they get to see their kids at lunch everyday, and we are trying not to take that for granted right now. I'm also grateful for my own Dad and the influence that he has had on my life, as well as the love that he has for Jesse. Becoming a parent has definitely given me a new appreciation for my own parents and all they did for me as I grew up. Enjoy the pictures from our photo shoot...it seems that Jesse hasn't quite figured out the whole looking at the camera thing. In this case, I think the yard was really distracting to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment