Monday, November 7, 2011

Saying Mommy

I took some video to document Jesse's intense dislike of getting out of the bath, and he surprised me by saying "Mommy". Even though he's been babbling "mama" and "dada" for a long time, it's just more recently that he appears to understand what these words mean. Last weekend Jesse and I went on a women's retreat with our church, and when we got back home he was acting much more attached to me than usual (I am guessing because it was just the two of us all weekend and he hadn't seen James in several days). Every time I would leave the room he would fuss and say "mama", and then when I would come back he would reach for me and say it again. Then, several days ago James was holding him and he said "dada" to him; when we asked him to say it again, he said it immediately, clear as day. Usually he says "mama" whenever he is upset or hungry.

1 comment:

  1. That was soo cute! Mommyyy! Aww.. It will be a joyous day when Emerson actually says my name. Well, mama, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete