Friday, July 20, 2012

Trip to Fayetteville

Jesse has been having a blast in Fayetteville.  He doesn't want very much to do with me these days, but would rather soak up all the time he has with his grandparents.  I will be ready to have him calling for "mama" again (as opposed to Nana or Grandma), but it is nice to have a little bit of a break. Here are some pictures of the week's happenings from my Mom's camera (unfortunately I didn't bring my camera to AR so I don't have any pictures of Jesse with Grandma and Grandpa and the rest of James' side of the family, but he did have a blast hanging out with all of them yesterday).

Jesse is really, really, really into flags (specifically the American flag) these days.  I seriously had NO IDEA how many flags there are between Chicago and Fayetteville until we made this trip.  Jesse missed very few flags on the drive down.  He loves flags so much that Pop decided to get an American flag for the front porch.  Here is Jesse helping to install the flag.  He also really loves tools, so this was a fun project for him.




He also got his first driving lesson.


He's still got a lot of learning to do before he is ready to be out on his own, though.


Another important first was his first popsicle.  He made yucky faces at first, but soon warmed up to the idea.



Today my Mom and Jesse and I made it to Crystal Bridges and enjoyed strolling through the galleries there.  Now, I can tell you with nearly 100% certainty that Jesse would have never allowed me to carry him through the museum (and he certainly didn't want to be stuck in the stroller either), but he quite happily allowed my Mom to carry him through all the rooms.


After Crystal Bridges we stopped for a bite to eat, and Jesse made friends with our waitress.  I'm not sure which one loved the other one more.  She asked Jesse to go to the computer with her to print out our bill, and he happily obliged.



He also had fun playing with her name tag. What a ladies' man.



We've had a great time so far, and Jesse is looking forward to bringing back his Grandma and Great Aunt Carol to Chicago for several days.  We are also really looking forward to seeing James again.  Whenever Jesse is in his car and we ask him where he is going he always says "Daddy".  This evening he saw the computer in my room and kept pointing and saying "Daddy" (we had Skyped with James earlier in the day).  This boy is going to be very happy to see him again, and so am I!




No comments:

Post a Comment