Thursday, May 16, 2013

Final Tot Lot Party

Tonight we had the final Tot Lot party of the year.  We went with a simple outdoor theme, and I think it turned out a success.  There were a few games and activities set up for the kids, but it was mainly just a big party for everyone to have fun at the park and eat pizza.  Today was absolute perfect weather for it...blue skies and warm! 

The sad part is that in the next couple months, many of these friends will be leaving Chicago.  I'm sure that a whole new crew of wonderful families will be coming in, but it sure is going to be sad to say goodbye to so many of the amazing friends we have made over the past two years.  We see many of these friends on an almost daily basis, and I just can't imagine not having them right upstairs for spontaneous play dates.  For now, I am just going to enjoy the last weeks we have with them!


Here's a belly shot of four of the pregnant ladies in the building.  From left to right we are due in October, September, July and June.  Sorry, I guess this is my "official" announcement, since I have totally failed to actually write a post about it.  We are very excited, though, and we will find out the gender next Friday, so I will definitely be updating on that!





I tried to get a good picture of Jesse and Nathan, but Nathan was the only one wanting to cooperate.



Jesse never misses an opportunity to drive the "green car".  A silly side story is that yesterday out of the blue he told me "I really upset about friends".  I thought maybe he was referring to the fact that many of his friends are moving away (although he would have just been copying something I had said, because I know he doesn't truly understand that his friends are leaving), so I asked him why he was so upset about them.  Of course, his response had nothing to do with the fact that they were moving; he told me was upset because "friends get in my car".  Ha! This car has definitely brought out some possessiveness in Jesse, but I suppose it is a good learning tool :)





There were a few pizzas leftover after the party, and Jesse said he wanted another piece after we got home.  This boy can put away a LOT of pizza!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new baby on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Allison! I heard rumor about this a few weeks ago :) so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Lilah wanted more when we got home that night too!

    ReplyDelete