Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Weather and Random Pics

The past two days we have had some amazing weather!  It's about time!  I forgot how much I enjoyed spending the morning and/or afternoon at the park.  Jesse tends to get bored/mischievous when in the same enclosed space for long periods of time, so this weather has been very freeing for all of us! 

For the longest time I kept telling Jesse that very soon it would be springtime.  I told him that springtime is when the flowers come out and it's not cold outside, so for weeks he was telling me "when springtime flowers come out and we go to park".  He could not wait to get outside again.

I also promised him a picnic, so today we took our lunch downstairs and ate at the park. 


 
Jesse's favorite toy at the park is this green car.  Unfortunately it is many kids' favorite, so he is having to work on some patience in waiting his turn ;)  Sometimes he will stand at the window in his room and look down at the park and get upset that someone else is using "his" car.  He has definitely gotten much more possessive in just the past several months, but it's usually worse with younger kids and babies.



This past Sunday while I was getting ready for church, James and Jesse surprised me by getting dressed up in their white shirts and ties.  Jesse's tie did not stay on for church, though.


Jesse sings all the time, and very loudly!  He loves to sing "Happy Birthday" and use his traffic cones as party hats.
 


He's also still into his letters and ABC puzzle.  Usually he just puts random letters together and tells me that they say something (for example, the other day he told me that he had spelled 'Fox in Socks' but it was just a bunch of random letters).  Sometimes he'll get his name (usually the right letters out of order) or something simple like 'on' or 'no' that he sees a lot.  Here he is showing me his name: eeJjss.

3 comments:

  1. He just keeps getting cuter! Maybe we can make a trip up there this summer to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...you guys should definitely come see us soon! We would love that :)

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing the pics and reading the updates!

    ReplyDelete