Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just Some More Random Pictures

Here are some more random pictures from our daily life around here.  Nothing too exciting, but still good memories.

Jesse loves playing with my phone, but he is required to stay next to me while he plays with it so that I can make sure he doesn't call everyone in my phone book.  James has been bringing home his smart phone from work on the weekends for Jesse to play with, but Jesse is quite happy just punching the numbers on my dinky little flip phone while belting out all the verses of Ten in the Bed as he types in each number.


Our poor little dude was so worn out one night at dinner that he fell asleep at the table.  We had been at church all morning and then had a community group lunch afterwards, so by the time we got home it was way past naptime and he was so wired that he wouldn't fall asleep. I put him in my lap in hopes of being able to feed him a few bites of food (it was just too much work for him to feed himself while fighting sleep), but he was out before we knew it.  Luckily a big bowl of ice cream was enough to wake him up and make him happy.


Speaking of naptime, we had some pretty rough naptime battles several months ago.  To make a long story short, after putting up a gate in his doorway and removing every single toy/distraction from his room that we could, he finally got back on his regular routine (thank goodness, because I was about to go crazy!).  Of course, he occasionally has his days where he resists and this was one of those days.  He still had a big basket full of quilts and blankets in his room (they are now gone) and he stacked them up to get up on his changing table.  When I found him he did not look like this, but was pretending to sleep on it.  I'm sure the picture was not a wonderful parenting move, but I think I just got to the point that day where I figured I might as well laugh about it.  He hasn't done it since, though, so maybe the attention didn't do any harm this time.


On the weekends, Jesse and James have been making a special tent where Jesse sets up his "grocery store" and sells us various things.


Jesse loves his time with Daddy.  One day when James gone, Jesse went to the table to do a bit of "reading" from James' Biblical Hebrew Syntax book.  He was pretending to do lots of underlining (just like James) as he turned all the pages in this book and told me he was "learning Hebrew".



1 comment:

  1. I sure love this little boy and can't wait to see him in just three weeks!

    ReplyDelete