Monday, October 28, 2013

Brothers

Here are a few pictures of Jesse and Max together.  I feel like the transition has gone mostly smoothly for Jesse, much smoother than I had imagined.  I kind of had the worst case scenario in mind...things like Jesse destroying everything in our apartment when I needed to nurse Max and couldn't give him my undivided attention.  This has not really been the case at all with Jesse.  He has definitely acted out more since Max's arrival, but once our life got back to "normal" (or as close to normal as it's going to get for a while...the new normal I guess you could say) Jesse really began acting much better.  That's not to say that it hasn't been a difficult transition, because it is certainly a daily challenge to keep up with two little ones, but Jesse seems to be taking it well and we are thankful for that.  He loves Max and is always wanting to know where he is/what he is doing.  Multiple times a day he comes up to him and says things like "I love you so much Max" and "Max like me?".

Here is Jesse's first time to see Max.  We had just come home from the hospital and he and my Mom were waiting on us.  When he heard us opening the door, he came running to us to see Max.  He was so excited.  I might add that Jesse looked HUGE to me as soon as Max was born.  It's like he gained 10 pounds while we were at the hospital.


Later that evening Jesse "read" some books to Max and they exchanged gifts. Jesse picked out a baby rattle for Max (he used his piggy bank money to buy it at the store...I think he felt pretty proud of himself for buying it with his own money) and Max "gave" Jesse a recycling truck.











He had to point out Max's eyes, nose, ears, etc.






These pictures were taken on Max's two-week birthday.



Last Monday (the first day for me to be alone all day with both boys), we treated Jesse to ice cream at McDonald's for being so good and such a big help that day.  Jesse was really excited to ride with Max in the double stroller for the first time, although he doesn't appear to be in this picture.




These are from today.  Jesse wanted to do tummy time with Max.


And these were some sweet ones we got when James got home this evening.  Jesse was asking to hold Max, and you can see that Max had some mixed emotions about being held by his big brother.








2 comments:

  1. So precious, Allison!! I love how excited Jesse is, you can feel it through the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember thinking Lilah looked HUGE when we came home too! LOL! I love that Jesse has such a big smile on his face in these pictures! Glad to see you are getting out already with the double!

    ReplyDelete