Saturday, October 26, 2013

Welcome, Max!

I can't believe it's been more than 2 months since I last blogged.  I think some of my nesting instinct kicked in right after my last post, and blogging got set aside while I prepared for Max to be here and while we enjoyed our last weeks and months as a family of three.  Hopefully I can be more diligent in the future, because I do enjoy capturing what's going on with our family so that we'll have it to look back on someday.  Over the next few days I'm hoping to have some posts about Max's birth and hospital stay, as well as some other random posts about our first weeks as a family of four.  Since I haven't finished writing up his birth story, I'll just start with some events from the first days/weeks of his life...

We welcomed Max Samuel Covington into our family on Saturday, October 5th at 6:35 PM.  He weighed in at 9 pounds and 3.2 ounces and measured 20.5 inches.  Since he ingested some fluid/meconium at birth, he had to be kept in the special care nursery for a couple days to rule out any infection.  We are thankful that everything turned out fine and that he had no issues. We thank God for him each day and can't imagine our family without him.


We had been talking about Max for so long.  For months Jesse had been telling Max to "come out of Mommy's tummy".  He was so excited to meet him and was pretty disappointed when he came to the hospital but couldn't see Max.  He kept asking "where's Max?".


I'm so glad my Mom could be here for Max's birth, even though she and Jesse didn't get to come up to the hospital until the next day since it would have been way past Jesse's bedtime once they could have gotten there on the night he was born.  I can't imagine getting through those first two weeks without all her help. She cooked meals for two weeks, did all our laundry and was Jesse's main caretaker/entertainer.




2 comments:

  1. He looks so much like Jesse in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious, Allison! I'm so happy for you guys and hope you all are transitioning easily. I hope Jesse does well too with having to share attention now. You guys are a sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete