Friday, August 24, 2012

Poor City Boy

Jesse has recently started flocking to the bushes and the tall weeds and grasses on the playground.  I keep joking that he is a poor city boy who has some type of nature deprivation.  He loves to just sit in the grass and chill.  Today we went to a friend's new place, and before I knew it he was off exploring the bushes, having the time of his life.  Ironically, I am getting ready to start reading Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder.  Perhaps Jesse is suffering from this disorder?


4 comments:

  1. How funny!! The poor little guy...

    I love the book title... You'll have to write a review of it once you're done.. Lee always told me that her boys loved going on nature walks, and that it was a great way to marvel at the Creator with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better mom than me! lol.. I would be worried about ticks, spiders, and snakes in tall grasses like that!! Boys will be boys though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me 5 tries at that twisted letter security thing to post that comment!

      Delete
  3. Ben is loving nature these days too. I love that picture of Jesse - it's priceless.

    ReplyDelete