Monday, May 2, 2011

Baby Bookworms

Jesse became a bookworm today! Well, not exactly, but he did go to a program at our public library called "Baby Bookworms". It meets every Monday and Thursday morning for about 20 minutes, which is perfect for his short attention span. Jesse and I met up with two friends and their kiddos (Eva is nearly 2 and Emerson is about 6 weeks), and I think they all really enjoyed it. Even though the program is for children ages birth- 24 months, Jesse and Emerson were the only babies there who weren't yet crawling or walking.

The children's librarian led lots of songs, and there were motions that the kids were supposed to do along with them (or that in my case, the parents were supposed to do for the kids). Jesse seemed to have his eyes glued on the action the whole time, and a lot of the songs we sang are songs that we already sing together everyday, so that was fun.

At the very end I took my eyes off of him for maybe 15 seconds, and when I looked down again, he looked just like this:

The poor little guy must have been worn out! I guess it was a lot of stimulation for his small brain!


Tomorrow Jesse visits the doctor for his 4 month (I can't believe it!) check-up and shots, so I'm hoping to get another update up after that.

1 comment: