Friday, May 6, 2011

The Sweetest Thing Ever

Only at Woodway would you find a little girl asking 25 cents to paint your hands or face so that her parents can go on a mission trip to Africa this summer. I just couldn't resist...in fact, I ended up getting both hands painted and I think my day was all the better for it.

I couldn't help but be reminded of the passage where Jesus blesses the little children and talks about having a child-like faith. Parents were bringing their young children to Jesus to be blessed, but the disciples were telling them not to bother Jesus with this. Jesus responded, saying, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God." I was humbled by this little girl's faith today.

No comments:

Post a Comment