Saturday, October 22, 2011

Apple Pickin'

Today we set out to pick some apples at County Line Orchard in Indiana. There were tons of different activities at the orchard (corn maze, petting zoo, kiddie train, pumpkin patches, etc.), but since Jesse hasn't been feeling very well, we made it a quick trip and just picked apples. It might qualify us for the bad parents of the year award, seeing as Jesse isn't quite feeling his normal self, but I think he probably enjoyed getting out more than he would have enjoyed staying in, and the weather was actually really nice. Sometimes he acts like he isn't sick at all, but then other times he seems quite pitiful (like when he coughs). I wouldn't say that Jesse was overjoyed to go on this trip (as you can probably see from the pictures), but I think it was a good distraction from his little bug, and it helped me maintain my sanity, since I have been inside most of the week, due to all the rain and wind that we had here.

In the car on the way there. You can see he is not too stoked. I felt so bad for him, so I rode in the backseat with him to keep him company. I just hate seeing him not feel well. It hurts.

Riding the tractor to the apple orchards. I think Jesse and James look a lot alike in this picture (and this was taken just after a lady commented on how much they resemble one another).

Not a good picture, but I love Jesse's facial expression. I think he's saying, "Enough already, can we get out of here?"


Lots of pretty apples...

We came home with a nice, big bag of apples, but I was too pooped to do anything with them tonight, so I am hoping that tomorrow I can make some applesauce and maybe an apple pie. Yum!

1 comment: