Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

We keep having gorgeous fall days here, and each time we decide we must get out and enjoy it because we think it's our last one. I think tomorrow's supposed to be nice, too, but it looks like colder weather is in the forecast soon, so we might be nearing the end of these beautiful days. Don't get me wrong...I'm looking forward to cold weather and snow, but I am dreading the length of winter here.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures from our walk through the neighborhood today. We took a leisurely stroll to Jackson Park, where we enjoyed a peaceful and tranquil time (see picture below) in the Japanese Osaka Garden. Then we came back home through campus. I thought I'd share with you some pictures of our neighborhood and the park.


Lots of geese behind the Museum of Science and Industry:


The lagoon in Jackson Park:


Entering the Osaka Garden in Jackson Park:


If you can't read the sign, it says "the Osaka Japanese Garden is a culturally authentic site, designed to create a feeling of peace and tranquility".


Heading back home through campus:


Pretty houses near our building:

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that looks like a great neighborhood and park! And maybe you'll have some warmer days this winter so you can still enjoy it a couple of times before the return of spring. Sick babies are so sad .... I'm glad Jesse is more himself again.

    ReplyDelete