Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pulling Up

Yesterday Jesse and I were downstairs playing in the indoor playroom with a friend from our building and her little girl. She told me that "tomorrow Jesse will be pulling himself up", and sure enough she was exactly right!

As I was getting my breakfast ready this morning, I turned around and found him standing up in his pack 'n play. He was so proud of himself! He's been getting up on his knees for a while now, and will even "walk around" like this with the help of toys with wheels, but he just hasn't ever seemed very interested in getting onto his feet until today.

Then later I found him standing up in his crib after I had put him down for his nap.

Who knows how long it will be before he is cruising and trying to take his first steps...it could be soon or it could still be a while yet. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's so exciting to see your child learn new things and reach new milestones (and believe me, our backs could use a break, so reaching the walking milestone would be kind of nice), but on the other hand, that means that he will be getting into more and more things and that he will be harder to keep up with. Either way is just fine, though...we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment: