Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Birthday Party

Monday morning we had Jesse's birthday party at our play group. It was lots of fun, although Jesse slept through the first half of it since we had his 12-month check-up at 8 A.M. and didn't get home until about half an hour before people came over.

It might be cheesy (and I know Jesse will never remember it), but I did a Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? theme for his party. It's not his favorite book to look at anymore, but for a while he really loved that book (probably something about all the different colors). This theme was easy, because it meant just using all the different colors represented by the animals in the book.

James helped me with this banner. I told him my idea for the banner the weekend before the party and he really wanted to help (fine by me because I'm terrible at making letters!).

Then I made lots of cupcakes and snacks, each one based off of a different animal in the book.







All the kids enjoyed playing. Jesse's new race-track was a big hit.


Here is most of our play group (minus two other mothers and their babies). It's tough to get a good picture with babies and toddlers, so we took several. Take note that Jesse is the only boy in his play group (and the two babies not pictured are also girls). I don't think he cares, though.


Here is kiss caught on camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment