Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Does the Sheep Say?

I am finally back in the blogging world after an unintended hiatus. The holidays ended up being busier than I expected, and then when we got back it seemed that I stayed swamped with trying to get things back in order around here. I had good intentions to do some blogging last night, but my plans were thwarted when Jesse unexpectedly emptied the entire contents of his stomach at bedtime. He seems fine today, and really didn't act like he felt bad yesterday, except for refusing to take even so much as a bite of dinner (which isn't entirely out of character for him anyway). So since James was working last night, I spent my evening in the aftermath of Jesse's episode, which meant running two big loads of laundry, cleaning the floors, Jesse's furniture, Jesse, and myself. Thankfully Jesse appeared to feel just fine and he played in his crib as if nothing had happened while I restored some order to his room.

So on a totally different note, I'd like to share some videos of Jesse's new words. Over the past month Jesse has really begun to understand so much of what we say and has added a number of words to his vocabulary. It's so fun to watch him begin to make all these connections! He is now saying mama, dada, baa (everytime he sees a sheep or is asked what the sheep says), rah (when asked what the lion says), nana (for banana), and doh (for both door and dog). Whenever he adds a new word to his vocabulary, we hear it all the time. For instance, 'door' is one of his newer words and whenever we leave the building he says this everytime we pass through a door, which is four times. Here he is telling me what the sheep and lion say and saying 'dog'.



No comments:

Post a Comment